Contamination increases with fan speed as the insides of the product are exposed
to more contaminant gas molecules.  Highest fan speed would lead to data which
unquestionably documents compliance.  Therefore the easiest thing to do is to
run at full speed.

A case could be reasonably made to run the fans at the average speed expected
over the 20-25 year life of the product.  A reasonable point to pick in the
absence of other data would be the fan speed at the highest "normal" temperature
in the CO of 40C.  While temperatures of up to 50C may be encountered, they are
limited to a small number of hours per year.  Note that you should consider the
effects of internal heating on any fan sensor that may be imbedded in the
product (i.e. measure the fan speed after the full loaded product has come to
temperature equilibrium).

MFG Chambers run at 30C, so it may be necessary to do some experiments on
variable speed fans to determine where to set the fan speed.

Jon Curtis

--
Jon D. Curtis, P.E.

Director of Engineering