Group,

Telcordia has announced that Issue 2 of GR-63-CORE has been released.  Here's
the website for more background:

http://www.telcordia.com/resources/genericreq/digest/downloads/june2002digest.pdf

The most significant change consists of revised gaseous and hygroscopic dust
test procedures.  Page 53 of Telcordia's newsletter states, "New products or
products previously not tested must be tested to these new airborne contaminants
procedures beginning six months after the GR-63 reissue date."

Since the issue date is April 2002, it looks like we'll be cutting over to the
new procedures in October, per Telcordia's information.  Now, here's my question
for the group:  Have the RBOCs (Verizon, SBC, BellSouth, and Qwest) accepted
GR-63-CORE, Issue 2?  That would seem to be first question to explore before
changing the test plans.

Regards,

Scott Baer
--