Michael,

I tried out the export to GraphML today.

I was using data from a Twitter feed.

The first issue on trying to load into GraphML was that the "&"
character was not written "&"

When converting files to XML, escape "&" with "&amp;", "<" as &lt; and
">" as &gt;

The next several issues were control characters ^B, ^C, etc. embedded
before TM and R, etc.

Conversion to UTF-8 and stripping anything that doesn't convert would
be nice.

The parser in my Emacs must not match what is being used in Gephi
because it would choke even though Emacs said all was well.

Hope you are at the start of a great week!

Patrick

On 01/17/2014 07:49 PM, Michael Hunger wrote:
> +1 that would be awesome
>
> I wanted to give it a try myself but haven't found the time.
>
> Btw. my neo4j-shell-tools now export Neo4j to GraphML, so you can
> visualize your db in Gephi, would love some feedback:
>
> https://github.com/jexp/neo4j-shell-tools/tree/20#graphml-export
>
> Michael
>
> Am 18.01.2014 um 00:29 schrieb Marcelo Gagliano
> <marcelo.gagli...@gmail.com <mailto:marcelo.gagli...@gmail.com>>:
>
>> Hi, Caleb.
>>
>> Did you developed that client? If so, could you share the source
>> code? I am trying to create a similar solution, but I am not
>> having much success.
>>
>> Thank you, Marcelo Gagliano
>>

>> On Friday, June 21, 2013 3:12:20 AM UTC-3, Caleb Jones wrote:
>>
>> I'm currently working on building a Java client for the Gephi
>> streaming API and will be presenting at the Seattle Graph Meetup
>> group. I'm aware of the Neo4j Gephi plugin
>> (https://marketplace.gephi.org/plugin/neo4j-graph-database-support/
>> <https://marketplace.gephi.org/plugin/neo4j-graph-database-support/>)

and plan on showing how that can be used too, but I'm curious if
>> there are any specific Neo4j applications that would fit well
>> with the streaming work I'm doing.
>>
>> One thought is to have a mode in the streaming client I'm
>> writing that tees the streaming to both Gephi and Neo4j. Of
>> course, someone could just stream to Gephi then export to Neo4j
>> as well.
>>
>> I'm not drowning in free time to do this, so I'm looking for
>> simple integrations to do.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

>> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> Google Groups "Neo4j" group. To unsubscribe from this group and
>> stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
>> neo4j+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>> visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "Neo4j" group. To unsubscribe from this group and
> stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> neo4j+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

- --
Patrick Durusau
patr...@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
Co-Chair, OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS)
Editor, OpenDocument Format TC, Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Former Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)
Co-Editor, ISO 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau