You are not changing the database in any queries, so the //graph command
will always show the same thing. The description at
http://gist.neo4j.org/?5956246 says "The visualization is based on the
*database
contents* after the preceding query in the page". It is not based on the
query results, but the database contents.

I would personally love to see more layout and filtering control of the
//graph command, so we could show subgraphs and control the layout. I doubt
you are the first person to be limited by this.