Hello Everyone,

I am designing an application with several Domain/ entity classes with
Jersey and Spring integration. Thing is, during initial time, or say first
execution, each node which is saved in neo4j database, has an nodeId 0. Its
a point of my interest. How can we make it sure that each nodeId should be
atleast greater than 0 ?

Why I need this ?

I need this because I think, it would help me while validating request,
received from front end. Consider a scenario of Updating a node which hold
nodeId value as 0. Now what would be the best approach to check if nodeId
is correct or not ? Indeed I can make call to db and be done with it, but I
dont want that. I saw in case of Spring Data JPA, where we have
@GeneratedValue from J2EE, which atleast provide some sort of control to
generate Id of our choice. but I didn't or say I am yet not able to find
any such provision if made.

Is there any thing which I am missing confrontational points ? FYI I have
Spring Data Neo4j latest stable release and Neo4j 2.1.3 server.

Thanks