SDN uses a Long field for the node-id so a null value there means that the
entity has not yet been persisted.

You cannot control Neo4j's internal node-ids. If you want to have controllable
id's you have to use your own business primary-keys.
Make sure to index them or add a constraint for quick lookup and uniqueness.

Michael