I've run into the same problem here.

And this is what my jar file looks like

*$ jar tf unmanaged-extension-template-1.0.jar *

*META-INF/*

*META-INF/MANIFEST.MF*

*com/*

*com/neo4j/*

*com/neo4j/example/*

*com/neo4j/example/extension/*

*com/neo4j/example/extension/MyService$Labels.class*

*com/neo4j/example/extension/MyService$RelTypes.class*

*com/neo4j/example/extension/MyService.class*

*META-INF/maven/*

*META-INF/maven/unmanaged-extension-template/*

*META-INF/maven/unmanaged-extension-template/unmanaged-extension-template/*

*META-INF/maven/unmanaged-extension-template/unmanaged-extension-template/pom.xml*

*META-INF/maven/unmanaged-extension-template/unmanaged-extension-template/pom.properties*

I used the extension
from https://github.com/dmontag/neo4j-unmanaged-extension-template btw.