Hello guys, I hope you don't mind this newbee question, but I am trying to
get things up and running.

I have gotten neo4j (3.4.2 up and running) and spatial installed in the
plugin directory (when I do a curl on my machine, I see the plugin)...so,
now I am trying to do some custom development (I am writing an app that
pulls some data from other systems into the neo4j graph db.

So, here is what I am trying to do right now..I want to import the US
Census Bureau shape files (standard ESRI .shp file) , for city, states, zip
codes, etc...but I am not sure how to go about doing this?  From there, I
will enter a bunch of other spatial data from other systems.  Do I need to
write my own custom import utility - since I want to rename some of the
labels?  Also, what are some the key jar files needed to get my java
environment for development?

I hope you guys don't mind this question.

Thanks a million for everyone's help!

:)