Egbert Eich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>Alan Miller writes:
> > I've seen the same in 4.1 - VMWare (3.0beta) complains about missing or
> > unusable DGA support if the color depth is 24, but has no problems if it's
> > 16.
>
>Yes, under certain conditions there is not enough memory to support
>DGA in the mode you desire. That's why you get this message.
>24bpp uses 3/2 of the memory 16bpp uses. If VMWare needs additional
>offsecreen memory or double buffering it is very likely that you
>see this message.

I can see that - on my VAIO there's ~6MB of video memory for a 1024x768
screen, so if twice the memory is being used (one display, one buffer)
normally, that would take up most of the memory available.  If VMWare needs
to get another buffer from that, there wouldn't be enough space with only
6MB of RAM total.

ajm