Hello all,

I've been experiencing random freezes with my laptop with the Neomagic NM220
(or smthing likely) chip. Freezes lock up screen and keyboard, only mouse
still works (but nothing gets registered i think)

When SSH'ing into the machine i always see X running with 95-99% CPU
usage... it's spinning out of control.

Now: man neomagic(4) says:

        On  some laptops using the 2160 chipset (MagicGraph 128XD)
        the following options are needed to avoid a lock-up of the
        graphic engine:
            Option "XaaNoScanlineImageWriteRect"
            Option "XaaNoScanlineCPUToScreenColorExpandFill"

could this help resolve my problem?

Thanks

DK

http://www.gmx.net