On 1/4/02 10:23 AM, "Kevin Brosius" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have the CVS version of XFree86 on a Neomagic chipset here.  It runs
> 1024x768x16 native, and the dga test app ('dga') works fine on it.  I
> haven't tried VMware on it though.  How does it fail?

Well, if the DGA test app works, that's a step in the right direction,
already! VMware fails saying that there are no DGA modes available.

I'd like to avoid having to (a) run a non-RPM of XFree86, since maintenance
becomes a bit of hassle as I upgrade the OS distro and (b) compile XFree86
since my laptop is a 266MHz PII with only 128MB RAM, I've done it before,
but OUCH! So, is there something special in the CVS version that 'fixes' DGA
or would grabbing the most recent available 4.1 RPM have the same features?
My personal thought is that my XF86Config was simply off its rocker. It was
difficult enough to get a working config (at all) after it got screwed up.

I would really, really appreciate any help you might be able to give on
this!

Sincerely,
Brice Ruth
--