Hi,

I now have spent much time in fixing the notebook up to the latest patches
from Sun - no difference !
I was told my first email was not clear enough - so I repeat.

1.) I'am using a Tecra8000 Toshiba with NM2360 or NM2200, well I don't know
    which of these two models I'am using ?
2.) my operating system is Solaris 8
    with two add-on packages: SFWxf86dr,SFWxf86du and patches 108653, 109401.
    This Add-Ons enable the use of Xfree ddx modules in the Solaris X-Server.

If you install these two packages and the mentioned patches you are able
to choose the 4.1.0 Xfree-Drivers inside the Solaris X-Server - hope this
is clear now ?
You do NOT need to create an XF86Config file on Solaris and all the drivers
do work, the Sun X-Server looks for it's configuration in file:
/etc/openwin/server/etc/OWconfig.

However, if you like you can create a XF86Config file to enhance/change
settings for the graphics chip, as I did.

What I do want, is to enable accelaration on this chip.

To drag this issue down it is best to start with asking which NEOMAGIC
Chip is in the Toshiba T8000:

X-Inside Inc. means it is a neo2360.
 - I made this setting in my XF86Config file: Chipset         "2360"
 - after this the screen looks quite bad, but it is there and it is working
 - much faster than before.

If I'am switching back to Chipset "2200", all works fine with the
XF86Config in place (/etc/X11), but with lower speed. I once had the
X-Inside Inc. version 5 running on this notebook in Solaris 7 and it was
quite fast, so it sould be possible to enhance something here, does
anyone like to contribute in this issue, and help to improve performance ?

Thanks very much for any help/comments.

Rgds Klaus

Klaus Ziegler                      tel: (++49 69)  691962
Im Schwalbennest 5              mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-63263 Neu-Isenburg