Andrew C Aitchison writes:
 > Calyth wrote:
 > >
 > > I wish.
 > > All I know is that X 3.3.x using the SVGA driver behaves perfectly, while XF4
 > > neomagic driver doesn't like suspend at all, not to say hibernation.
 > > Hopefully the more knowledgable people here can solve our problems.
 >
 > I've never risked either suspend or hibernate on my Sony, so can't
 > pass on any experience.

Hibernation on a Sony works extremely well for me, XF4 cooperates
with APM well, however I don't understand what the graphics driver
has to do with hibernation anyway.
What may get into the way is a apmd feature which does a vt switch
on suspend. This feature is no longer needed for XF4 and may even
cause deadlocks.

 > I don't think that the people knowledgeable about APM hang out on
 > neomagic; unless you know that XFree86 v4 supports suspend or
 > hibernate I'd guess that this could be a more general issue,
 > and that you'd get more response on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Well, I did the neomagic port to XF4 and implemented the APM support.
4.2. will contain some improvements for APM but generally the older
versions also have been working extremely well.

Generally speaking I would prefer more detailed description on what
happens or doesn't happen instead of a 'is not working'. One should
also mention the XFree86 version (s)he is using.

Egbert.