David Dawes has informed me that he'd prefer that
neomagic be a completely open list.  Since we have
only had a couple of really awful bouts of spamming
and mail virus outbreaks, I have reopened the list
to non-members.  If we have another really bad
outbreak and users request in a fairly unified way
for closing the list to non-members, I'll revisit
the decision.

Regarding the attachment filtering suggestion,
I have no intention of enforcing policy in this
regard.  If any of you are running insecure
systems without virus checkers or using mail
programs that are not configured to catch and
reject mail viruses, the most helpful thing you
could do would be to correct those problems.

Let's drop the discussion of list policy for now
and return to on-topic discussions.

Best wishes,

        Miles