>     Me> "Backing store" sounds kind of promising for cheating on how
>     Me> much video memory you have.
>
>     VL>  It doesn't have anything to do with it, as far as I know.
>
> Oh. So, for my curiosity: what is it? Also, what's the ShadowFB do?
 Backing store is about saving the data content when a window overlap another
one so when you map it again, it doesn't have to redraw itself.  Or something
like that, been a while since I did Xlib stuff.

 ShadowFB I don't remember. It's in my 2070's XF86Config file, so I guess
I added it at some point so it works ;-)