It's me again. DGA seemed to work with XF4.20 but it was still a bit to slow
(but mostly because Half-Life didn't let me choose 320x240 and the low-res
modes were stretched incorrectly on the display which made playing not very
much fun).

I went back to XF3.3.6 (because it's less memory-consuming) and today I found
something interesting on the net: I have one of those castrated 896KB cards
which don't do 800x600x16bpp and - as we all know - 8bpp is ugly.
But there are some modelines floating around on the net that give you
800x570x16bpp :-))) But the screen is on top and you get the 30 "missing"
pixel rows on the bottom of the screen. It would be nicer to have 15/15 on
top and bottom so that it doesn't look like "hey your screen is messed up".
Is this possible? "lcd_center" doesn't change anythig :(

Steffen Hein *happy_because_he'll_never_use_8bpp_on_his_notebook_again*

PS: How "dangerous" can "override_validate_mode" be on a 1997 lcd? I think
they were "intelligent enough" back then?