I grabbed the archive posted here last month and it appears to work, but
the performance isn't what I expected. The movie isn't really watchable (unless
you actually *like* getting headaches). Running top in an xterm reveals that
xine and X are fighting it out for the CPU. Both running around the 50% mark.
I've played with the nice values but without luck.

I'm running a 600x (p3-500), and x4.2.0 from source on mdk 8.2.

I don't know what the DVD performance is like in 'doze on this machine, because
it's never had 'doze installed on it!

james

Quoting Dr Andrew C Aitchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Michael St. Laurent wrote:
>
> > Since the next Redhat release is in beta test right now I thought I'd
> submit
> > a patch to add Xv support.  However, the last I heard was that the code
> had
> > not been committed to CVS yet.  Could someone advise me how I might
> generate
> > a patch to submit?
>
> The neomagic Xv support has gone into CVS.
> It would be good to test it on lots of platforms and report any
> problems, so that Red Hat gets a working version :-).
>
> --
> Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison               Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna

James Holden, Leeds, United Kingdom
james-at-jamesholden.co.uk
In a world without boundaries, who needs Gates?