Well.... the performance would suggest that Xv isn't working.

But, xvinfo gives talks about screens and depths and YUV suggesting that the
adaptor supports XV, the console output from xine suggests it's using XV (can't
remember exactly what it says but it's something like 'opened output plugin:
XVideo'), and there's definately an overlay type process going on because when
I move the xine playback window or move another window over it, I can see the
colourkey (blue background) for a couple of frames or so.

James

Quoting Dr Andrew C Aitchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, James Holden wrote:
>
> > I grabbed the archive posted here last month and it appears to work, but
> > the performance isn't what I expected. The movie isn't really watchable
> (unless
> > you actually *like* getting headaches). Running top in an xterm reveals
> that
> > xine and X are fighting it out for the CPU. Both running around the 50%
> mark.
> > I've played with the nice values but without luck.
>
> If X and xine are fighting for the CPU, you might not actually be using
> Xv. Are you certain that xine isn't using straight X11 ?
>
> --
> Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison               Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna

James Holden, Leeds, United Kingdom
james-at-jamesholden.co.uk
In a world without boundaries, who needs Gates?