On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Kevin Brosius wrote:

> Bill Nottingham wrote:
> >

> > Using CVS from 2002-11-10 (4.2.99.2), on a NM2360, if I enable
> > 'Option "SWCursor"', the X server SIGILLs on startup. It works
> > fine with the same config under 4.2.0.
> >
> > What more information would you like?
>
> sw cursor is largely a server side item.  Do you know if it occurs on
> other drivers?  If so I'd suggest reporting this on the xpert list.

Sven Anders ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) posted a patch for the neomagic driver
which fixed a server crash with software cursor:
http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/neomagic/2002-November/001201.html

It is has been submitted to the patch queue as seq: 5469
and should be merged into CVS soon.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna