I agree with you.  Aesthetically speaking, I like to build my own parts.
For the prototyping purposes, I don't mind using others.  I have the
tayloredge HVPS, and love it.  I'm a month or so away from my frist clock,
and want to build my own HVPS.  Where can I get some information on  Mike's
"MC34063 mk1.5"  Sounds like a digikey order is in my future.
Thanks
Shane