>> What is the 'ceramic paint', visible in many Russian nixies, deketrons and
>> vfd tubes?
>> May be this ia an good alternative for home-made tubes....!

> It's called Glass Frit, or Frit glass.

I don't think that's the same thing.  Frit glass is used to seal incompatible
or delicate glasses together by sintering (like the end mirrors in "soft seal"
HeNe tubes).  I suspect Eric is asking about the white paint on the internal
leads and structures of nixies, presumably to discourage a discharge between
the leads, so it will be confined to the desired location on the cathodes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar to the powdered alumina suspension that
vacuum tube heaters are dipped in to insulate them from the cathodes.  It's a
similar color, it's known to be an insulator, and it doesn't spoil a vacuum.

According to this page:

http://www.thevalvepage.com/valvetek/heater/heater.htm

"This suspension is composed of a very pure, fused and milled alumina, in a
solution of methanol, aluminium nitrate salt, and distilled water."

- John KG4L