On Jun 26, 4:58 pm, Dmitri Vorobiev <dmitri.vorob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like the boxes aren't matching the nixies. To my
> understanding, what was once in those boxes are the 6004 tubes:
>
> http://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_6004.html
>
> Like some other people in this email thread, I'm not buying the NOS
> status claimed in the auction. The seller, judging by the other items
> and selling history, isn't a vacuum tube or nixie expert, so he
> probably can't tell if the box matches the contents.

I agree, those are not correct boxes for the tubes. From additional
anomalies already mentioned in some of the other comments here, the
tubes are definitely not NOS either.

The only original packaging I've ever seen (that I can remember) that
is appropriate to B-7971 tubes is the styrofoam bulk trays. I would
love to be proven wrong if someone here has a retail box or military-
style plain brown or white box with the correct markings. I have seen
NASA mission control film with console displays that could be 7971
tubes, so that is one possible customer for quantities less than a
full bulk tray, probably in mil-boxes.

A.J.