I once saw a batch of eight B-7971 tubes, all in Ultronics original boxes.

Jens

Am 26.06.2011 16:55, schrieb Jeff Thomas:

On Jun 26, 6:44 am, Terry S<tschw10...@aol.com>  wrote:
The pins aren't exactly straight on those tubes, either.

I'm not buying the NOS status.
Terry

I saw the same thing in image eight, and Terry had beat me to the pin
observation.
Adding to that the smudging of the label from cleaning the envelopes.

I suppose he saw the recent sales activity and decided a few young
paste-eater nixie fans would believe the NOS pitch.

Those B7971 tubes, like John R noted, were packed in trays of 36.
Maybe singles had a marked Burroughs box.
I have a few of the trays. I snapped an image a moment ago:
http://www.amug.org/~jthomas/b7971tray.jpg

Regards, Jeff