What is the purpose of the 330ohm resistor on the +5v of the 74141? I
thought maybe I've been using it wrong all along and popped open my copy of
the TTL cookbook.. Nope, nothing in there about current limiting the 74141.
Mike's right, give us a schematic. :)

While I was in the TTL cookbook, I happened to glance at the facing page...
Has anyone ever seen a 74142? Looks like a neat chip, but I don't see any on
ebay.

-Adam