On 15 Nov 2011, at 18:24, Larry wrote:

Did anyone notice that his left hand was not visible every time the pattern changed?

Ah! That'll be the hand that is working the box through a hole in the antique table. Or something.

Seriously, I think we need to do another video where the clear box hangs and spins on a thread or something. There isn't anything hidden or anything off-camera you don't see. My box can be inspected, opened, the batteries taken out and replaced by the public - the wiring inspected at close hand. All the other opaque versions on sale seem to have a separate on-off switch too - I wonder why they need that if four simple switches turn on four lamps? Mine does not have that feature.

Some numpty has done a 'super de-luxe' version where the bulbs hunt around before settling on the correct one. This just says 'Electronics involved'.

As for Kerry's comment:

P.S My dear father in law was a long time member of the Inner Magic Circle in England before he passed and lectured over there a couple of times.

I cannot beat this one. If your dear departed father in law was able to lecture on repeated occasions after his death then he is a truly awesome prestidigitateur.

I have a backlog of ten or so buyers for the transparent trick. The price is not cheap. Magicians will pay high prices for a good trick that is not mass-produced. It is quite labo(u)r intensive to construct this item. Not as tricky as David's awesome watch, but there again not as expensive either.

There is a version of this trick sold through Epay. I have seen it in the flesh and it's really disappointing. The lamps light slowly and dimly - the on-off switch is visible and the construction is truly abysmal. There is also no way you can invite an audience to play with it mid-trick.

Sean took my box to the annual magic show at Blackpool last year. He showed it someone who is selling this trick in its opaque version and who, of course, knows exactly how it works. He said one word: 'Impossible'.

John S