Thanks for all the reply guys, much appreciated!

I know I need an oscillosope, It's just that I can't afford one as a
student. Saving for one for a while now..
I'm gonna test it tomorrow with a friend's sope and tell you how it
goes.

As for the components, they are not from a kit. I bought them
separately from ebay.
I don't know the current for the inductor (asked the guy, he only knew
the wattage - 1W). It was this one here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330452969986
And the diodes are (I hope UF4004, at least I hope), these here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330553568765

Hopefully I will test 555s tomorrow and let you know, gotta go now
Thanks again!
Imbanon