It's a clock that I designed from scratch.
Basically, it was an exercise in using (6) 74LS160
synchronous counters.  It gets the HHMM set via a bank
of (4) thumbwheel switches, and the SS gets zeroed out
and clock stopped via another spring-return toggle switch.

It worked so well that I later decided to make it into a
low current version in order to be as easy on the backup
battery as possible.  So, I used all HC and HCT parts.

I used 7441 drivers because that is what I have around here.
I am not aware that any low-current versions of those
drivers were ever manufactured.

Indeed, *is* there any modern low-current bcd-to-decimal
high voltage ic that provides a one-package 16 pin DIP
solution to this requirement?   Is there?  Please let me
know if there is.

I am now making up another similar clock, but using 8422 tubes
instead of 6844A kind.   Just thought if I could power down
the 7441/74141 ics when running on backup battery, that would
save the bulk of about 60 mA.

What low current drivers would you suggest?

Thanks again for all of your help!
You guys are a great bunch!          -Chuck