I just use the brute force method of using a 40 pin DIL PIC. Nice and easy.

Nigel.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dylan Distasio
  To: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 3:37 PM
  Subject: [neonixie-l] Question on Russian IN-14 kit

  Hi all-

  I picked up a Russian nixie tube kit on eBay which I just received.  It's got
6 IN-14s, each wired to a separate PCB with a 74141 on each board.  I'm not
sure if anyone on list has built one of these before, but I wondered if anyone
has any tips for controlling all 6 digits for a clock without needing to
control 4 separate inputs on each 74141 individually.  I will have to set 24
different inputs this way to control the clock digits.  I realize I will have
to wire them up either way, but was hoping there might be a trick to reducing
the number of unique input signals I need to manage with a microcontroller of
some sort.  I am still a beginner with multiplexing.  I am familiar with it
from the Arduinix and other designs but since each tube has its own chip I'm
not sure what the best approach is.  I'm still a beginner so I am probably
missing something obvious.

  Thanks,
  Dylan