I am more of a collector than an engineer I'm afraid but I have just got my
fabuloso MOD-6_7971 for which I purchased 6 tubes last year, unfortunately
I had nothing to test them with when they arrived, and now having installed
them, one segment on one tube is out (top right vertical) .

I swapped tubes around to prove it was the tube at fault - but wondered
if there would have been any way to test these sort of tubes just with a
meter ?

Meanwhile I am trying to work out whether there is any tube position/font
that doesn't involve that segment lighting up until i can find a
replacement - there are 4 B7971's on eBay but they are currently at £280 so
look as if they will be out of reach !