I don't believe there is a direct way to test with simply a volt  meter.

As for font. - Use stolen.  It may not have had that particular  segment
stolen; however, it will match the idea between the other tubes having  lost
segments.  :)

Back when I was in a position to not test tubes, I have bought  several.
Ended up with more bad tubes (b7971's) than I thought I  would.  ouch.   But,
I do have a tube that actually lights 2  segments together  (bottom and
low-right-diagonal).  Umm, no font that  adds segments.

The auction for 4 is beyond normal pricing.  There are other others as
well.  One issue I believe pricing have gone up is that we are all  competing
against each other for them.  We should all get together and not  bid against
each other.  I am SURE it will help.

Michail

In a message dated 2/16/2012 2:55:56 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,