In short,

Take a look at Geert's clock here:
http://www.dos4ever.com/geert/geert.html

Now, I do not know Geert but it seems to me he knows quite well what
he is doing. Check the HV power supply he uses for his clock and
estimate what the DC voltage will be.

Or else, how about this one?
http://www.geocities.ws/podernixie/nixie/index-en.html

Or, jee (although through a transformer), another one:
http://www.ledsales.com.au/kits/in14_clock_instructions.pdf

Michel