I am thinking maybe the 3D printed end result was just different from
your design, what are those "smears" at the surface of the watch case?
I actually thought you had done this on purpose to make it appear
looking older, but maybe this is just how it got out of the printer:

http://xiac.com/Images/nwl_proto1_fronta.jpg

How long would it take to print this in high resolution?

Michel