Dalibor,

First of all, many thanks for the book!

"mercury dispenser" - That's a great solution!
Do you know maybe who is selling those?

About stems, lead glass - that is a good solution too. I didn't pay
attention on its viscosity - good to know, thanks.
So it should be easy to make an oven for melting the lead glass. I
have though about microwave oven, but I think there is a problem with
overheating the pins, I'm not sure that it will work. But for 600 degC
you can make a small size oven very easy, and cheap.
My reason for choosing boroilicate glass is because it is hard glass,
not an easy to break, and it doesn't need too much preheating. But of
course high temperature is a problem.

All about glass to metal seals you can find in Kohl 1960 book:
Materials and Techniques for Electron Tubes. I assume that you already
have it, but if you don't you can find it here:
http://www.tubebooks.org/technical_books_online.htm

Regards,
Vladimir