Just thought I would give warning on B7971 Tubes being sold on ebay.

eBay seller: 1953ralphplus

Has posted and sold several batches of B7971 tubes and at a decent  price.
I purchased an auction 2 circuit boards with 4 tubes and 1 circuit board
with 2 tubes.

1 Tube didn't work; however, Ralph agreed to send a replacement as the same
 issue happened with another person he sold to.

I agreed to purchase another 78 tubes directly and overnighted a certified
check.
I offered to send a FLW from Pete Hand to test the tubes himself, but he
said he would be able to replace any bad ones.

He shipped them in batches of 10-20.  About 40% were bad.  I even  took
video (youtube so that Ralph could see) of opening some of the boxes and
testing directly from the box (after the first few boxes since the failure rate

was so high).  He did, via phone calls, offer to replace the bad ones as he
supposedly had 50+ NEW ones that he needed to dig out.

Basically, 28 out of the 84 tubes were bad.  The 28 were bad in that
segments didn't work, not working (outgased), or cracks (mostly visible cracks
in the frit), and a few even had pins completely rusted through.  He stored
them outside and they were all (working and not) covered in dirt and rust
(tubes  and circuit boards) from water.

He stopped returning emails and phone calls.  Finally, I filed a claim
with ebay/paypal in which they had me send the 6 back which were won on  ebay.
I got a refund for the 6.  I now have 22 of the bad ones  (if someone is
interested - and circuit boards).

The main reason for this post is that he now has his friend posting 4 of
them on ebay claiming they were swapped out (this is simply a lie).

My post is simply a warning to people thinking about purchasing the 4
listed on ebay as I know they are bad.
eBay item:
140837195454
ebay seller:
psiresearch1

Strangely the new seller claims they are untested and could be new and then
 claims they were swapped out.  So, 95% good (to them) means 100% bad to me
 since I personally tested them.  He is not including the last 2 since they
 were visibly cracked, and two of the circuit boards were so rusted that
transistors were nearly falling apart.

I did email the current seller that he might want to reconsider since he
has 100% rating.  The response is funny.  He is probably just going to  tell
the new buyer that he didn't know they were bad.

I do have 54 (tested) good tubes available.

Michail