Hi,

here are the pictures of one of the colon tubes (as always, air at 15mbar):

http://www.jb-electronics.de/tmp/gl-ls-8_1.jpg
http://www.jb-electronics.de/tmp/gl-ls-8_2.jpg

Sadly, the upper dot does not always light up. It was a silly idea to parallel the two cathodes, next time I will have the two dots wired seperately.

Jens

Hi again,

here is a picture of my "lab" / desk. I do not have a separate room for my tube making, so I have to clean off the desk every time I need to work for the university. It does not take much time, and so it is actually an advantage because it forces me to keep my lab tidy.

http://www.jb-electronics.de/tmp/lab.jpg

See the t-connector? This will be replaced by a connector with an additional outlet (so 4 in total) for my needle valve.

I have been trying to build two colon tubes today, with some minor success. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Jens

Hello!

By the way, how do You measure the pressure in the system? You mentioned the glow lamp is filled on 15mBar...

Could You send a photo of the system You use for pumping and filling the glow lamps?

The capacitor welder You have will work well, it is not suitable for welding materials with high melting temperature like tungsten and molybdenum, but for steel, nickel and so it is very good!

> The problem with stainless steel wire is that it outgasses; I have a glow lamp with two stainless steel electrodes and it glows in a white-ish blue color, very strange. Will post a picture later this weekend if I don't forget. the bluish color is not outgassing, outgassing is when the metal releives trapped air, oxygen, CO2, moisture and so into vacuum, You can avoid that by heating the wire into red for a minute or so just before sealing and pumping.. Each metal behaves differently in discharge - different voltages and so, so it could be because of that..

Dalibor