One problem is that the microcontroller is not in production any longer and
it is an EPROM/OTP type that needs a programmer. I believe that a parts
dealer in Jakarta is sitting on hundreds of these (I will check soon). I
have a programmer adapted from the original databook from Motorola that
copies the object code from a 2732 EPROM, can verify it and copy protect
the part.. This is something that can't be shared. has to go to one person
who has the ability to work with it. Actually there are two programmers,
identical, but the last time I used one of them it didn't program the part
correctly and the part couldn't be programed by the working one. I no
longer have a scope to be able to troubleshoot the bad one, but since both
are identical and the schematic is available (from me), it is repairable.

The microcontroller is MC68HC705C8A. I also have a Taiwanese programmer
that may also program them, System General AllWriter. That could also be
added to the deal. I found it easier to use the little 12-20cm one we made
as a stand-alone appliance than to haul out that AllWriter. Some of this is
a bit fuzzy because at the time I had another engineer on staff who would
tinker with these.

All of the FLW code and most of the GeekKlok code was written by me, but
some was done by an assistant (a grad from Renssalaer Polytechnic in NY),
my best US-trained engineer.

I'm evaluating proposals to release everything, but face huge debts as
well. I'd like to solve both in some way. Thanks for POSITIVE comments,
y'all. Keep the poison in your own veins.