Quick question,

Why would you need a soft / slow rise time on the anode cut off to reduce
switching noise when the cathodes are toggled repeatedly by the 74141?
Surely that introduces just the same switching noise that would be produced
with just a high side switching FET or BJT? Or does the 74141 feature a
slow transition on its output? I can appreciate the optical isolation for
the high side switching as being a nice part of the
opto-couple solution though!

- Alex