Unfortunately, the only trigger that has the proper signal levels
to commutate a dekatron properly is the Ericsson GTE175M:

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/022/g/GTE175M.pdf

A dekatron's guides need to see an incoming signal of a very minimum of 60V
transition, negative. Its outputs a signal that only goes ~20V, and in the
wrong direction. Most triggers need a larger incoming signal. The GTE175M
can do the job. All the other ones I've seen can't. In the old days, the
interconnecting stage, between dekatrons was usually a vacuum tube triode.
The favorite was a 12AT7. Look at figure 4, in this document:

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/084/7/7155.pdf