Hi Alex,

I can now access the website finally, interesting! About the Weston
book, You are right. It is too general and low level, there is no way
how to calculate actual sputtering rates using information provided
there. Also as You mentioned, they deal with low pressure mostly. But
there are some interesting information such as the experiment with one
shape of anode grid and different pressures. They found that the rate
of deposition of the metal on the glass at 20torr was much lower than
at 50torr, there is a relation between the shape (size) of the hole in
anode grid and pressure inside the tube.

I think it is better to spend a few hours setting up the real
experiment than bothering with theoretical calculations in this case.
There is too many variables - metal composition, anode cage shape,
purity of the gas and so..

I am definitely interested in your experiment as it is far the closest
to our needs!

Dalibor

Dalibor Farny
http://dalibor.farny.cz