what kind of gas has a green color ?

i once had a cadmium neon laser,it would not fire a beam but the tube did glow
the most fantastic color of green close to aquamarine
so try neon cadmium gas mix

http://www.visualphotos.com/image/1x6037042/emission_spectrum_of_cadmium

http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/Osram%20Spectral%20Cd.htm

 Helium-Cadmium (HeCd) 325 nm are three examples. These lasers have
particularly narrow oscillation linewidths of less than 3 GHz (0.5
picometers),[4] making them candidates for use influorescence suppressed Raman
spectroscopy.

      Instrument Resources of America <iracosa...@hughes.net> Jan 10 08:41AM
-0800

      If you'd like other colors you can have white with Xenon filled tubes,
and also orange and green with some of the other gas regulator tubes.   Ira.