Hi everybody,

I hadn't helium leak detector, because of high cost. So far I detected "holes" using primitive methods (by acetone, alcohol) but it wasn't easy. My friend gave me old russian 180 angle mass spectrometer for helium leak detector. Inside is simple ion source and faraday's cap. Old vacuum tube preamplifier was bad, that's why I build my own. Power supplier for ion source and detecting circuit is my own too. Yesterday I throw out original magnets (it was very heavy -ca 12kg) and changed to neodymium magnets.

This detector could be connected to high vacuum system, as it shown here:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiuF6uGHABU

Best regards
Alek