For NMOS, I prefer Fairchild FQS4901 surface-mount because they are dual
400V units in a reasonable-sized package (small enough to save space, but
not so small that they are difficult to hand-solder). Vgs(on) is about 4
volts, so I would NOT use these with logic running at 3.3V or even 3.7V. I
actually had the driver for this device running at 12V

For NPN, I use PMBTA42DS device from NXP. They are also dual units and are
rated at 300Vceo .

If you are going to drive a dekatron, you do NOT need a high-voltage device
as long as all of the cathodes have series resistors. It only takes about
20-30 volts difference between cathodes to "rotate" the dekatron.