Hi Jan,

You can use this socket for tubes with 1mm diameter pins:
http://uk.farnell.com/harwin/h3161-01/socket-pcb-tin-knurled-1mm/dp/149318

it is not cheap, but works really well and it is easy to solder it.
There is 1.93 mounting hole in specs, but use 2mm hole for it, the
melted solder will make the hole smaller during manufacture of the
PCB.

Dalibor

>> For A-101's I use 0.093" crimp-style connector socket pins (they cost about
>> $0.10 US from digikey, part #A14097-ND). After soldering wire to the
>> crimp-pin, I cover with heat-shrink tubing. It's very solid. Also works for
>> IN-1's, though I advise using a better tube.
>
> On a related note, does anybody have part numbers for pins that can be used
> to mount nixies like IN-12 and IN-18? I mean the through-hole kind, so if you
> solder them into your PCB, the other ends form a kind of a socket.
>
> These sometimes appear on eBay, but in small quantities and with
> uncomfortably high prices. I tried looking around, but navigating the world
> of through-hole pins is an excercise in frustration.
>
> --J.

Dalibor Farny