On Monday, 19 May 2014 00:37:22 UTC+1, Dave Brown wrote:

> Yes-those KGM displays are really quite interesting.
>  Has anyone come up with an LED replacement for the bulbs in them?

I've tried a few, but LEDs have a few characteristics which are not
helpful, e.g. they are pretty directional.

Also, the dimensions of the "grain of wheat" sizes of LEDs on eBay are not
very accurate - I bought a few different batches to try, as well as some
grain-of-wheat incandescents, and most were a few thou too large :(

Nick