Hmm, sounds like a job for a solution from the "many hands make light work"
school...

Nick, is there any easy way to get the directory tree? If we used that to
break the problem down into discrete chunks which could be allocated out to
volunteers who still have access to the site. Everyone shares the boredom
of manually downloading a chunk's worth of files, but then collectively we
have it all and can reassemble the content into a suitably organised
dropbox or similar.

The files back on the Yahoo site do contain some really useful info - at
least it taught me how to use the tubes - so it'd be a waste to lose it.

Cheers,

Jon.