FWIW, I'd prefer that we used some public storage area rather than
someone's private server as doing so can avoid "unexpected consequences" in
the future (you can see where I'm going on this - we've had some
unfortunate experiences in the past).

There is a potential issue with copyright - the files were uploaded to the
old Yahoo! neonixie-l group with the general intention that that is where
they'd live - it's very likely that most of the owners of those documents
don't care what becomes of them, but one thing is for sure, they're not de
facto in the public domain and devoid of copy restrictions.

So, I would be happier if we had a Google-hosted (as per this forum) or
similar solution - lets have some ideas from the mods and forum members...

Thanks

Nick