On 2/5/2015 7:42 AM, gregebert wrote:
Having a drill-press is a game-changer. If you cant find exactly what you need on Ebay, you can reduce the diameter of what you do find by clamping it in the chuck of the drillpress, and use a file to grind-off the outer material. Fine sandpaper will put a nice finish on it. If the stock already has a hole thru the axis, it's easy to enlarge it by drilling into it. I use vise-grips to hold it.

Cutting it square into short lengths will be tricky, but if you have a rotary tool (ie Dremel, etc), it's pretty easy. If you dont have a rotary tool yet, I suggest you buy one with the money you save by not going to a machine shop; you will find many uses for it.
Rotary tools, like the Dremel, are and have been available from Harbor Freight Tools, HFT for short, also known as ""The Adult Male Toy Store". I've seen complete kits being sold there for under 'ten bucks'. I do not have one but I 'SUSPECT' that the quality is 'O.K.' I have a number of HFT tools, both power and non power and have been pleased with them, especially the VALUE of them. No failures yet. Ira.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to neonixie-l@googlegroups.com <mailto:neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/e57864d8-cd80-418c-addb-596fc74f0399%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/e57864d8-cd80-418c-addb-596fc74f0399%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.