My experience with Russian tubes, the 3LO1 in particular, is that they
barely last 500 hours. I did an extremely simple scope clock six or seven
years ago and I was going to publish it for anyone to make, but I make the
mistake of mentioning it on this forum and within days the Russian seller
tripled the price of the tubes. I was so annoyed that I sat on it, and then
I noticed after three weeks the brightness was fading and in five weeks it
was so dim that you couldn't see it in daylight. I switched out the tube
and the second one faded in less than 4 weeks. Such a pity, it was a real
cutie. So your point 6 is important - secure lots of spares.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-peO8sP_m8CI/VW1otYjt2rI/AAAAAAAAAVk/Q6UxQNz95Rc/s1600/scope%2Bclock.jpg>