That's what I like about the Cincon TR(G)1509:  The chose to not split the
primary.  The currently avaliable G version still did not split the primary and
only added a Faraday sheild winding outside the magnetic circuit (Around the
outside of the core) which is easy to deal with.

Every other switcher I've pulled apart splits the primary.  The main reason to
do this is to limit the leakage inductance:  Magnetic field of the primary
curcuit that is not part of the secondary curcuit. Leakage inductance shows up
as a voltage spike on top of the primary winding added to the turns ratio
voltage when the primary transistor turns off, kind of like an ignition coil.
You either have to way over rate the transistor or add an energy wasting
snubber to keep the transistor from dying.