A guess:

Could it be a  ‘cross-hair’ visor or a part of a level?

eric

Van: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:neonixie-l@googlegroups.com] Namens
Jonathan F.
Verzonden: maandag 29 februari 2016 23:16
Aan: neonixie-l
Onderwerp: [neonixie-l] unknown round multi-character Panaplex

Hi
I want to share this display, because its awesome!
I picked up a very special panaplex on ebay. It has a Burroughs-Logo on the PCB
so i guess it was made / sold by burroughs. Sadly all the prints on the PCB
were not any useful to find something about this display.
I will try to figure all pins out and then create a driving circuit.

1.) It has two 3-digit 7-Segment panaplex on it, those are multiplexed because
all cathodes are in common, anodes are different. It also has an up and down
arrow by the digits.
2.) It has the words TO and FR. Whats really interesting here is, that the
parts of the letters are controlled individually, so the O is basically a
4-segment display.
3.) It has 4 multiplexed bargraphs on it, they either start in the middle, or
on the outside, or can be used both way (did not figured this out yet)

So...what could be the use of this display?

I guess the "TO/FR" could be TO and FROM ? The digits could be speed, weight,
distance or something else?

I don't really have an idea what the bargraphs are for...direction... maybe
position?..

Notice the red and gold connector on the pcb (no its not a potentiometer), it
is a little locking connector (screwlock like bnc) with gold pins on it.

Any info would be great, but i don't have much hope...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/a16262b5-0652-4d77-8142-0b5f63f0675b%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/a16262b5-0652-4d77-8142-0b5f63f0675b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
 .